Friday, May 28, 2010

hotcakes? Mmmmm… hotcakes

So my lovely, lovely editor has informed me that my books were proudly on display at the Orbit table at BEA and that the were, quote, “snatched up like hotcakes.” Now, as someone who can eat her weight in cake of any sort, I was very happy to hear this. This has, however, led to obsessive googling of myself to see if anyone’s said anything yet. I’m not proud of this. I like to think that I’m a pretty secure person. I mean, I never google my exes. But writing a book does a number on your brain. I think it’s because book writing is so investing. Sure other people helped, but at the end of the day, that book is me. I did that. So, even through my iron wall of confidence, the googling slips through.

So if you have a copy and have an opinion and are thinking about posting that opinion on line, do it! I’d love to read it! Even if you hated it (which I sincerely hope you don’t), I’d still love to read it just to know that someone read it and felt strongly enough about it to write something. Any review is always a gift, and as with all gifts, it’s the thought that counts.

2 comments:

Slade Wilson said...

you will be very happy it is good news for you I was also very happy when I wrote the article from how to write a reportService it was a memorable moment in my life.

Essien said...

Magnificent good from your side. I have bear in mind your stuff previously too and you are simply extremely excellent. A million thanks for sharing. akwa poly nd part time admission form out